"I know in my heart that man is good. That what is right will always eventually triumph."
- Tax and spend policies by government destroy more jobs than they create.
- The U.S. Constitution and Bill of Rights as intended by the framers should be the basis of all U.S. laws.
- Energy independence requires that government impediments to energy production - in the forms of taxation, regulation, and sponsorship of litigation - be rolled back.
- Many government agencies are counterproductive and should be eliminated.
- Job growth requires that taxes and regulations imposed by government be reduced.
- Government meddling in the farm and forest industries should cease.
- U.S. borders should be firmly enforced. All people illegally present in the U.S. should be charitably and humanely returned to their countries of origin.
- Government should not engage in so-called “bailout” or “stimulus” spending.
- Government should not engage in takeovers of private enterprise.
- Government should not take over American medical care. I oppose socialized medicine.
- Government should provide for the common defense of the United States. Wars should be constitutionally declared and should only be undertaken for the defense of the United States. I oppose the current situation wherein American soldiers are quartered in more than 100 countries and frequently interfere in the affairs of those countries
- Life should not be ended by abortion. I am pro life.
- The right to keep and bear arms shall not be abridged.